Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 10 - Not a good day

Today was not a good day for me. I got news that the job that I worked really hard for, had spent $100 in preparing for, prayed for, and worried over was not to be. It hurt. And now I'm scared.

It is difficult to think about fly fishing on days like today. Yet, I can imagine the history of anglers also having days like this. I wonder how did they get through it? Were they lucky enough to have a stream out their backdoor? Did they escape into the mountains for a week communing with fish, water, and the Creator? Or did they go about their day filled with sadness and worry?

I don't know what they did. I'm sure some of them went fishing. Some of them even looked for work elsewhere. And I'm sure some them moped around the house feeling sorry for themselves. I know what I did however. I got angry, I cried, and I took a nap. I called my wife and had her pray for me, and now this evening the two of us will probably watch some TV together.

Tomorrow is a new day. And like Tom Hank's character said at the end of Castaway:
I know what I have to do now. I have to keep breathing, becuase tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide will bring in.

I will wake up tomorrow, and I will get back into the process again. I will find the courage to dig deep into my resevoir and try again. And if I'm very lucky, I will be blessed with dreams of trout and fly fishing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment