Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day 3 - Just plain miserable

It is day 3, and I'm still trucking...

So, I still haven't heard back from a college that I interviewd for. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I interviewed for the position, and I'm getting a little anxious. I heard from the Dean last week and he mentioned that they are delayed a bit due to state budget talks. I hope they have made a decision and can move on.

What does this have to do with fly fishing? Not much. I just wish I was able to get on to the stream today so that I can feel a little distracted from the anxiety. As I mentioned in yesterday's post, when I go fishing everything seems to cease. I could use a little bit of that now. Life seems to be a little chaotic and I'm getting more and more angry, dissatisfied, and just plain miserable by the day.

When I start to get like this, my wife actually tells me to go fishing. She says that when I come back, I'm a different person. A little more grounded and bearable. Maybe it has something to do with feeling connected to God when I fish. Or maybe it is the Zen like movement of the rod. Or it could just be that I managed to plain wear myself out. Either way I could use some of that right now. Maybe I'll go fishing on Friday.

But before that can happen, I must purchase some felt soles for my wading boots. If I don't do that, I'll be slipping, sliding, falling, and generally spooking the fish. More on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment