Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day 6 - Pondering...

So, today I sent an email to the editor at American Angler. I think that I have a pretty good idea for an article but wanted to run it past him before I make it a reality.

The idea that I have is how to find a place to fish when you move to a new area. The idea I think is a pretty practical one and I can't be the only one in the world that has moved to a new place and had to start over in terms of finding a favorite fishing spot.

In the article I plan on outlining how to use maps, books, fly shops, and networks to find a key place to fish. It's kind of my process for finding spots, and I figured other people might like a helping hand as well.

The problem is that while I think it might be a great idea, someone else might shoot me down. That or my idea has been so overdone, that they don't even want to hear it anymore. Someone once said that nothing is original, and I guess that's true to a point. But still, I feel that I have some experience that someone out there might find useful. Maybe I can twist the idea enough to make it sound new.

No comments:

Post a Comment