Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 35 - Energy pt 1

Remember that article I was telling you about in Fly Fusion magazine? The one where they interview Lefty Kreh? If you recall, the interviewer asked Lefty about his understanding of lucky anglers. Lefty's answer isn't what I've been thinking about, it is actually the interviewer's question that has me intrigued.

Giving full credit to the idea that better anglers are the ones that spend more time on the water, I still have a sneaky suspicion about this idea called luck and its influence on an angler. Maybe this inkling of an idea is the result of my subconscious compiling different facts from different experiences. Let me explain.

First and foremost, I have to admit that I read Dan Brown's new book, "The Lost Symbol". The book wasn't as good as either of his previous ones. Now here's the kicker, he did introduce the "science" of Noetics to me. I was slightly aware of this idea before as I had watched the movie "What the bleep do we know?" In the movie, ideas like "entanglement" and the "power of thoughts are discussed". So I was aware of this idea that thoughts have power.

After watching one of the segments in the movie, I was inclined to do some more research on Dr. Masaru Emoto and his work on ice crystals. His work really got me thinking about the power of words/thoughts and how they have an affect on the physical world. It left me with a lot of questions. To view the clip from the movie that inspired my research Click Here.

Of course, for awhile you couldn't go anywhere without hearing about Oprah's new favorite book "The Secret". I own the book, but I haven't been able to get into it. This book discusses a bigger idea called the Law of Attraction. It basically is summed up as if you think it, it shall be. Some readers may recall the big craze of the power of positive thinking. It really has a lot to do with that.

And still my mind continues to make connections. My wife and I were watching the TV show "The Amazing Race" a couple of weekends ago. (I love this show, it instills within me a spirit of adventure.) If you've been watching the show, you know that this season there is a contestant who has Asperger's Syndrome (a form of autism, from what I'm told). His name is Zev.

One of the tasks that they had to do was herd a bunch of ducks through a couple of pens. While waiting for his turn, Zev noticed that many of the contestants had a sense of frantic energy about them. He made a remark that you couldn't go in there and have that sort of energy. When it came to his turn, he calmly made the ducks go through the pens (in what appeared to be record time). Afterwards he joked that he was the Duck Whisperer. Which leads me right into my next connection.

We bought a dog last March. My wife and I call him "Nash the Wonderpup". Wanting to train him humanely, we researched on how we should accomplish that. Turns out there's this show called the Dog Whisperer on the National Geographic channel. After watching the show a couple of times, I decided to buy a couple of the books. Cesar Millan explains in the book "Cesar's Way" about how the owner needs to have the correct energy to control the dog. Animals in the wilderness understand this principle, however humans seem to have evolved past this.

So, you're probably on information overload right now. I just presented a ton of ideas that I've been processing for the past couple of years into a quick overview of ideas. My point to all of this is, how does this equate to more fish on the stream? I'm sure that there is a larger topic at hand on how it affects my personal well being, but let's face it: Catching more fish is essential to my well being.

No comments:

Post a Comment